Job Advertisement; Irish Traveller Movement Financial Manager
The Irish Traveller Movement (ITM) is a membership led, human rights based national Traveller organisation. Further information about the ITM is available on the website at www.itmtrav.ie
Job description - Finance Manager, Irish Traveller Movement (part-time). The role of Finance Manager is to ensure the efficient running of ITM’s financial systems and procedures.
- Preparing Income and Expenditure for ITM’s bank accounts for all of the bank accounts held by ITM
- Payment of creditors invoices
- Preparing and ensuring adherence to organisational and programme budgets
- Reconciling ITM’s bank accounts in TAS every month
- Preparing proposals and reports for funders
- With the Director, prepare budgets and budget monitoring reports on financial matters for the Board of Management
- Liaising with the banks on ITM`s behalf
- Managing organisational cash flow and forecasting
- Preparing the annual accounts for the annual audit including liaising with the auditor
- Ensuring ITM’s financial procedures and policies are implemented fully
- Reviewing and updating ITM’s financial procedures and policies where necessary
- Providing administration back-up for various programmes, such as promotional or information projects etc.
- Compile monthly reports for Central Group meetings
Provision of administrative support
- Contribute to fundraising activities through the development of budget proposals
- File B10 Reports and ensure all directors and company details are up to date in the Companies Registration Office
- Assist with the co-ordination of the Annual Report with particular attention to audited accounts
- Keep records of Membership payments
- Assist with event management if required, including public meetings, conferences, training events, AGM, committees
- Assist fellow team members with financial enquiries on funding obligations and reports
- Assist Director regarding requirements for financial correspondence and reporting obligations
- An appropriate third level qualification or equivalent experience in financial administration and information technology.
- To perform administrative duties and provide support to the director
- Excellent IT skills –MS Office Skills, database maintenance, excellent spreadsheet skills, knowledge of computerized financial systems especially TAS Books
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of office administration and preparation of financial information in a charity or similar organisation
- The ability to prioritise workload, Effective communication skills, particularly the ability to explain technical and financial information in an accessible way
- A commitment to the ethos of the organization
- An understanding and/or experience of working within the Community & Voluntary sector.
Salary will be paid between €27,072 and €30,540 on a pro rata basis depending on experience.
Please forward CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com or
Phil Mullen, ITM Administration, 4-5 Eustace Street, Dublin 2,
Closing Date Thursday 26th May before 5pm with interviews Monday 30th May 2016. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidences
Irish Traveller Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Funded through the Department of Justice and Equality