For all the latest HSE Coronavirus (COVID-19) information, click here.
Info about new Traveller-testing Hubs??? here.
If you think you have the Coronavirus and have any of the following symptoms, cough, fever, tiredness, difficulty breathing (severe cases)…
- Contact your G.P by phone.They will assess your symptoms over the phone.
- If required the G.P will book an appointment for you in the nearest COVID-19 testing centre.
- You can also call the Traveller COVID-19 hot line hosted by the HSE and Traveller Health Unit, available 7 days a week. Phone or text 083 100 6300.
- Once booked you will need to go to that testing centre yourself where you will be tested for the virus.
- If travel to the testing centre is a problem , tell your GP and the HSE will send a taxi with screens.
- You won’t receive the results straightaway – these will be given to the GP, who will then contact you with the result.
What if I don’t have a GP?
- You can ring the helpline HSE Infoline 1850 24 1850 and a G.P will be sourced for you.
- You can get patient advice by calling the Rathkeale GP & Nurse Phoneline on 061 469147, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
- The Pavee Point Primary Health Care Traveller Project can also support you. Call them on 01 878 0255.