The Traveller Pride Week Steering Committee announces a funding call for Local Traveller and Roma Pride Week September 27th 2021
PRESS RELEASE – Thursday 24th June 2021
- Events must celebrate Traveller and/or Roma culture
- Funding of up to €2,000 is available to applicants
The Traveller Pride Week Steering Committee announces that applications can now be made for funding for events to celebrate Traveller and Roma Pride Week 2021.
Funding of up to €2,000 is available to applicants operating at regional and local level to community-based groups and organisations in order to host events between September 27th – October 3rd 2021.
In accordance with Government’s commitment to Action 1 of the National Traveller and Roma Inclusion Strategy 2017-2021, the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth is providing funding to the Traveller Pride Week Steering Committee to support, strengthen and expand Traveller and Roma Pride Week and to increase national awareness of the event.
The theme for this year’s Traveller Pride Week is Stronger Together, celebrating how Travellers have held firm as a community and supported one another throughout the pandemic.
Applications for funding will be granted for activities* satisfying the following criteria:
- Involve the active participation of members of the Traveller and/or Roma community at all stages of the project (planning, implementation etc);
- Celebrate and promote Traveller and/or Roma culture;
- Promote a positive image of Traveller and/or Roma Culture to the wider settled community;
- Members of the settled community must be included and invited to the event;
- The event must be accessible to an open public audience where possible.
*Online and virtual activities/events will also be considered
Please note: All events should comply with the relevant public health guidelines regarding Covid-19
Funding applications, guidelines and criteria details are available from firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be received via email to email@example.com before 5pm on Thursday 15th July 2021, applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.